Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Thanks for the good wishes and healing vibes. They totally helped, really!

I'm feeling a little less zombie-esque today. I still feel a bit stuffy and achey but nothing like what I was dealing with yesterday. My hunny is all better and back to work today too so that's good. He was feeling well enough last night to actually cook us dinner. It was fabulous, tasty and ridiculously low in fat. Thank goodness we both love to do stir frys or we'd starve. My eating so far this week has been perfectly on plan and I'm really happy about that. I had another great workout this morning and other than that, there's not too much news to report today.

After work, we have to take our little old guy for groceries and we'll probably go out for dinner. I'm going to vote for Swiss Chalet. le Chalet allows me to remain perfectly on plan and still enjoy a dinner out. Other places that he likes to go are dicey at best (Denny's, Montanas, Chinese buffet....). This way, we all get something we like and I can stay on plan easily. Thank goodness for nutritional information on website huh?

By the way, did any of you watch Fat Like Me the other night on ABC? It was a program devoted to childhood obesity. As my hunny and I were both fat kids, we were interested (thanks to Robyn for sending the info out about it on Monday or we would have never known about it!!). We had taped it on Monday and watched it last night after dinner. I was really surprised by how big many of the children were. They featured a program geared toward fat kids and their families that teaches them how to make a healthy home and how to incorporate physical activity into their lives. A lot of what they were talking about is stuff that we've done this year since we started our program. I hope that school districts are able to fund more programs like this because I would have loved to have participated in something like that when I was a kid. Had someone taken the time to deal with the issue as a family problem, just not a "me" problem, I doubt very much that I'd be keeping this particular blog right now, if you know what I mean. If you missed it and notice that it's being rebroadcast at a later date, check it out. I thought that parts of it were pretty interesting.

No comments: