Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Here's the latest Wednesday Weigh-In:

Does the change in seasons affect your health, or your exercise routine? How do you handle that?

I get up around 4:45 a.m. to exercise. I get up, get dressed, workout, have breakfast & shower. Some mornings I may do a load of laundry while exercising, on the whole it's a pretty productive routine and I usually feel like I have accomplished a lot before I get to the office. I have come to realize that if I don't exercise first thing in the morning, I'm probably not going to do it. Several weeks ago, right as things at work started to get crazy, the mornings became very dark. This made it really difficult for me to get up at my normal time. As we got closer to the official start of fall, I was sleeping later and later. I was still working out but I was pretty out of it some mornings because I couldn't get going. It took me a few weeks to adjust to the change. Fortunately, I've gone past that now and will be okay until the time changes. At the end of the month, when that happens again, I'm sure it'll throw my routine for a loop for a few days until my body adjusts. I must say though that autumn is my favourite time of the year and I find it easier to push myself to exercise when the weather is a little cooler.

No comments: