Thursday, October 30, 2003

sunshine day

Thank goodness the sun is shining today! We've had a lot of gross, dreary rain lately. This morning, I was away from my cubicle, covering for our receptionist and could actually feel the sun's warm rays on my back while I worked. It was heavenly.

When I woke up this morning I had horrible cramps. TOM had arrived with a vengeance and I felt like crap. Like a good girl though, I did my exercises. I felt like hammered crap while I was doing them but toward the end, my cramps subsided. I had breakfast and my shower and actually felt like somewhat normal when I left the house for work. So far today, I've only had to take one Aleve. Usually, on the first day of TOM, I'm popping them like candy. I actually have an appetite too which is good. I'm just having my lunch as I type this.

Shopping and dinner last night were relatively uneventful, thankfully. We took the little old guy for his groceries, picked up a few odds and sods for us while we were there. I bit the bullet and bought my stuff for Halloween too. I had planned to go out last weekend and find some really fun / cool non-food related item for the kids but didn't get to it because of being laid-up with my back. I ended up buying a box of cheetos and a box of doritos. That gives me 120 things to give out. Now, last year I had more kids that than but not much more so buying a 3rd box would have been way too much. This way, I'll probably run out and won't have any leftovers on Saturday morning (yay!).

You'll note that I avoided buying chocolate. I just can't have those little bars in my house. I can't and I won't! I will convince myself that baby carrots are way yummier! All I can say is thank goodness it's apple season. The local apples are really good (albeit small) this year. They too are a pale substitute for mini-Cadbury bars but what's a girl to do? I'd really like to be another dress size smaller by Christmas...fingers crossed...here's hoping!

No comments: