Monday, October 06, 2003

I'm back.

This is the longest that I have gone without posting here since I started this blog. The weekend flew by and I was super duper busy. I had an hour or so off on Saturday afternoon, between events, but I was pretty brain dead. I spent the best part of the weekend outside, in a tent. It was cold, windy and rainy for part of the weekend so, despite the fact that we had rented heaters, the tents were damp and muddy. I was a mess when I finally got home yesterday. Achey and tired. I'd slept too hard in the wrong position on Saturday night and my back's been acting up again. I'm not really surprised though, after the weekend we had. Everything went well though, all are happy and my back will be okay in a day or so. Our director sent us home from work this afternoon. She couldn't believe that we'd come in to check email and voice mail and tie up some loose ends. I'll get some more lieu time off later on for all the overtime I've put in recently.

Over the weekend, I didn't eat a whole lot. This wasn't a good thing though and I'm sure that's why I was so exhausted and dehydrated last night. Our routine has been so thrown off over the past couple of weeks that I really did not want to weigh-in on Saturday. I was sure that the late night meals would have caused a gain, or at least a non-movement week but I actually lost 3 pounds last week. I'm not sure how that happened but I'm happy about it.

Because my back is bothering me, I didn't workout this morning but I hope to later on today if I feel better. I'm planning to get onto the heating pad shortly. Even though I'm really beat and am feeling like I've got a cold coming in, I know that I had a lot more energy this year than I did last year. I know that I worked harder and did more than I have in a couple of years. There is no way that I could have accomplished as much last year as I did this year, if I was still in the same shape I was in 12 months ago. What a difference the past few months have made. I realized this morning that I started this program 10 months ago today. 77 pounds in 10 months is pretty good.

I'm back to my regular routine again starting tomorrow. I go back to my doctor for my monthly check-in on Wednesday. I'm tired and my back's a little stiff but that's okay, everything else is just fabulous. I'm relieved and happy with myself. It's all good right now!

No comments: