Wednesday, October 22, 2003

There was much blogger weirdness happening this morning. I wasn't able to view my page, I could post to it, publish it...but couldn't load it in a browser. Fortunately, whatever was happening at blogger has righted itself.

I'm just grabbing a lunch break right now. I have a lot of stuff on my desk at the moment but it's not killing me. I'm just pacing myself and doing little bits of stuff at a time. Clean up after our big event usually takes about a month or so to get done.

I'm trying really hard to increase my water intake this week. It's something that I let slide a bit over the past month or so. I was not drinking nearly enough water during the daytime and I need it. I try to make up for it in the evening but that's a problem because I just end up running to the loo all night. I have been successful at getting back into my workout routine. Okay, well I've done it two days in a row this week (yesterday and today) but I know that I'll be on track for the rest of the week. Taking time off from work is nice but it can really throw you off of your routine if you're not careful.

Halloween is coming up and I've been thinking a lot about what to shell out. I want to give something away that's fun but that's not candy (I don't want my house to get egged -- yes, they still do that!). I asked the lovely ladies over the weigh-better board for help and they gave me some fabulous suggestions. Sugar free gum was a popular suggestion, as was a non-food item, like a small toy or something. One I really liked was to give out a package of instant hot chocolate. This way, the kids would have something hot to drink when they got home and were sorting out their candies.

The ulterior motive for this is that I don't want to have any "leftover" mini-chocolate bars in the house. If they are in the house, we will eat them. It's that simple. I know that the best way for me to deal with temptation is to avoid it. Once Halloween is out of the way, it's smooth sailing (holiday-wise anyway) until Christmas!

No comments: