Tuesday, October 07, 2003

I'm sick.

That cold I've been fighting for 3 weeks got the better of me. I know that's why my back was bothering me yesterday (and continues to do so today). My head is stuffy and I feel gross. I haven't worked out and I can't keep warm.

I've got the flannel pj's on, the old chenille housecoat, the wooly socks and the homer slippers on. It's a lovely sight, ugh!

Homer Slippers


I just got up from a really good nap. I know that you're not supposed to sleep on a heating pad but a 45 minute cat nap can't hurt. Since I've been up, I've been catching up on some of my blog reading. Over the past few weeks I really missed keeping up with what everyone has been up to. I want to wish a belated Happy Birthday to Lose the Buddha! It's a whole year old now!! I was surprised on the weekend to realize that this blog is almost a year old too (well, 10 months). Where does the time go huh?

Overall, catching up, I see that everyone's doing pretty good. I mean, we all some weeks when we do better than other weeks but overall, everyone's staying on track. We're not letting little slip ups here and there defeat us. One of the hardest things to do is to not let the little mistakes get you down. I was watching Dr. Phil yesterday (Monday is Weight Loss Challenge Day) and he was talking about "right thinking" for weight loss. I haven't picked up his book yet (and most likely won't until I see it in a $3 bin at Chapters) but most of what I'm hearing about it is good old common sense that most of us have been applying to our own programs all along.

Yesterday, the participants were discussing their internal dialogues when it comes to their bodies and weight loss and he's right, most of us are our own harshest critics. If you don't believe that you can get healthy and fit, no one else will either. Kind of like what Fred says about it, if you live like a fit healthy person, you'll become a fit healthy person. I'm really glad that it seems like Dr. Phil is helping these folks so far. He's not being a bully, he's being a realist. I just wish that he'd quit making it sound like he's the first person to have come up with these ideas. I half suspect the was reading our blogs in preparation for these shows because so much of what he's saying, I read in everyone's journals, all the time.

Anyway, I'm getting a bit of a chill so I think I'm going to crawl back onto the heating pad. Happy Tuesday all!

No comments: