Tuesday, October 21, 2003

I was back to work today after my delicious long weekend. It was so peaceful and productive here at home. It made going back into cube-land that much more difficult. However, the blow of being forced back into the workplace was softened by a treat. We were taken out to lunch by one of our lovely volunteers. He wanted to thank us for helping him with an event he organized recently. We got to have lunch somewhere I'd never been before (a gorgeous country club). Our table overlooked the lake side of the club and we had the dining room to ourselves, very nice.

I had a really nice chicken Caesar salad and a diet coke. As we were all being "treated" we all dessert. I never have dessert anymore but my mouth was watering for a sliver of pecan pie. It was dreamy! It had been a good long while since I'd had pecan pie and I enjoyed every crumb of it. Dinner at home tonight was super low fat, mega high in veggies so it all balanced out.

This morning, I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to the sound of thunder and hail. There was an incredible lightning show happening in our back yard too. It sort of jerked me out of bed though. I worked out before heading to the office and felt the better for it. Over the long weekend, I missed working out in the mornings. I must remind myself to keep doing it in the mornings, even on the weekend.

Just another follow-up thought to my sudden awareness of other people's body types...Over the past week or so, I've been rewatching my Sopranos Season One DVD Set during workouts (it makes the time just FLY by). I couldn't help but notice that the "Ba Da Bing" girls, while slim and busty, are not particularly well toned. Funny huh? I mean, if I ever get close to being as slim as those girls are, I hope to have muscle tone and definition and not a jiggle-y ass (my ass jiggles plenty right now, I'll be happy to lose that!). I find it funny how, since I've started exercising and working on my own muscles, that I find that to be more attractive and more healthy looking than just a slim body. I'm not talking about big body builders or anything, just definition. I think that muscle on women is definitely sexy!

No comments: