Monday, October 20, 2003

brrrrr....

Thanks to Taylore and Denise for their comment about yesterday's post. I felt better after reading them. The thoughts I'm having aren't mean spirited but they're new and they were causing me some concern. I guess I just get so excited about the things that are changing in my life that I want everyone else to feel them too. I know though, better than anyone, that you have to come to this stuff on your own, when you're ready, or it won't work.

I was off work today. I booked today and Friday off and have enjoyed a really nice long weekend. I didn't "properly" workout yesterday but I did do a bunch of yard work yesterday and this morning. It felt great to be outside in the cool air and sunshine, working in the dirt and leaves. I'm going to workout this afternoon (slept in this morning --- soooo nice!) but will be back to my regular morning sessions again tomorrow.

Other than a few errands and working around the house a bit, we've had a pretty lazy weekend. It's been nice, well deserved and LONG overdue. One thing I've noticed though, being around the house for the past few days, is how chilled I get now. I never used to get that cold in the winter, unless it was January and we were in a big freeze. Now, I'm cold A LOT. I'm always pulling on extra cardigans and wooly socks when I'm home. My layer of insulation is getting smaller I guess. I know that part of it is the transition from summer to fall and that my body is adjusting to the cooler temperatures. I know though that part of it is also the less blubber thing. I guess I'll just have to schedule in extra workouts in January when it's really really cold out! When I'm moving my butt, I'm not chilled.

I don't mind though. Being chilly reminds me of far I've come. Kinda like having your pants fall off of you...It's annoying but it's not a bad problem to have!

No comments: