Tuesday, October 14, 2003

I'm back at work today and back on program. I worked out this morning. I was a little stiff but it was a good, sweaty workout. I really felt it and enjoyed it. I felt completely invigorated when I was finished. Many thanks to you all for the comments about yesterday's post. I have a number of excuses for my "bad" behavior of late. Stress, busy at work, same old crap. Funny thing is, I cope with stress and life and everything better when I'm eating healthy food and being kinder to my body. Hopefully we'll all get back on track, together, this week, we can do it!! We deserve to be treated better than we've been treating ourselves lately!

I didn't get around the Progress Prompt last night, so here it is:

Describe your eating habits at mealtime. Do you think you need to change them in order to lose weight and get healthy? Where do you usually eat? Health experts are telling us not to eat in front of TV. Why?

This is something that we changed drastically, when we began this new lifestyle. We used to eat late in the evening, plates on laps, in front of the television.

When we changed what we ate, we changed how we ate it. We moved ourselves to the dining room table. We still have the TV on (some nights) but we're sitting up, correctly. We also eat much earlier than before. We try to have dinner over by 6:30 p.m., including clean up. One thing that helped to facilitate this was the purchase of new living room furniture (you don't want to get hoisin sauce on the new upholstery!). I did notice that my digestion improved when we started eating all of our meals in a seated position, at the table. Watching TV while you eat can be a very dangerous distraction. It's easy to not pay attention to what you're shovelling into your face when your mind is preoccupied with something on the boob tube. Overall, I think that the experts have it right. Get off that sofa and up to the "big kids" table!!

No comments: