Tuesday, November 04, 2003

...rainy days and Tuesdays?

It's raining again. It's also freaking cold! There are freezing rain warnings out for areas north of here. Last night, when I was out with the girls, there was a freezing rain warning in effect too. Fortunately we didn't get it! Last night was a lot of fun. I was able to avoid the nachos and dessert. I had my diet coke with lime, a small salad and a club wrap. Very yummy. The company was excellent too, we laughed a lot. It wasn't too late a night either. I was home just before 9 p.m.

I had really tough time getting up this morning and had a splitting headache. I did exercise but my performance was lack-luster to say the least. The headache has subsided a bit but I feel a cold coming on. I'm hoping that my head is just fuzzy because of the weird weather systems that are happening here.

Anyway, I'm a day late but here it is now... This week's Progress Prompt:

How do you measure success? Has your idea of success changed since you made the decision to become healthier?

I measure success in many ways. It's not just numbers on the scale for me. I use an actual measuring tape to measure success. Some weeks, the numbers on the scale don't change but the measuring tape does (or vice versa). I've measured my success with smaller dress sizes, with increased energy, with greater flexibility in my body.

I don't know that my idea of success has changed since I started this. I think that I have found more things to celebrate since I've been on my program. When I look at how I am living now (more exercise, healthy eating, etc.) compared to 12 months ago, that's a huge success. That I have been able to do this for almost 10 months and have lost a significant amount of weight in that time is a success!

No comments: