Thursday, November 20, 2003

I'm actually feeling good today. I mean, really good. Yesterday was a brutal day at work and I felt really stressed and upset all day. Today, the atmosphere is a lot better and so is my mood.

Last night we took our little old guy out for dinner and we ended up at East Side Mario's. I did okay though, didn't pig out on that bread or anything. When we got home and I was changing into my knock-around-the-house clothes, I took a good look at the sweater I had worn all day. It was a pretty maroon cotton cardigan that I'd had for a while. I hadn't worn it yet this year and I remember last year, the buttons were almost popping on it. Yesterday, it fit me a little big. The sleeves seemed a bit long and I definitely had room to move in it. When I looked at the tag, I noticed that it was a 4x! Most of my tops are 5x, I hadn't even realized that this one was a size smaller than I had been wearing...and it was big on me!!

That felt so good...and it sort of kicked me in the butt. I've been struggling with a lot of things lately and I've gotten kind of lazy with my program. I know that the only reason I'm not gaining any weight right now is because of my workouts. I'm getting really tired of being stuck at the same weight and I want to see the scale move (not to mention see a 3x sweater be too big on me). I'm refocused now and I am going to really try hard to work my program and not let myself get lazy. I've got a long way to go to get to my goal and I want to keep that shrinking feeling going!!

No comments: