Tuesday, November 25, 2003

...Day 2

Fortunately, blogger is behaving tonight. I'm not sure if they were having server issues or if it was just my isp but things were definitely wonky last night.

Today was another great day. I got up at a decent time and had a terrific workout. I rode over 7 miles on my recumbent bike. The particular program that I ride on it is pretty gruelling, most of it is at 6 or 7 resistance. I try to maintain a constant speed through the whole ride and it's been really challenging, particularly on this longer program. Overall, I'm really pleased with my progress.

Today my eating was good. At work this morning, we had a birthday thing for one of the girls in our office. We had a meeting scheduled and they had booked a coffee service for it. Unfortunately, a couple of the participants weren't able to make it so we postponed it. The food had already arrived and, as luck would have it, there was a birthday in the office. The service had coffee, tea, bottled water and juice and the most delicious smelling pastries: muffins, danish, croissants. Even though I'd had breakfast, my nose was trying to tell my stomach to have something, because the aroma was heavenly. I was strong though and I'm happy to report that I stuck to my black coffee (that I'd brought with me) and stayed away from the pastries. Most of the time, I find it really easy to be "strong" at work in situations like this. Perhaps because PMS is just around the corner, it was more of a struggle today. I'm just happy that I survived it.

After work tonight, we hit No Frills. We were out of almost everything. I was really happy to see that Source yogurt was on for $3.97 for the 16 pack. I just love that stuff and you absolutely cannot beat that price. We're all stocked up on healthy stuff again, lots of fruit and veg. Tomorrow we take our little old for his shopping and I'll get a few more things then. He likes to shop at Loblaws but I just will not pay their meat and produce prices. I do have to get a few staples there though, things that I just can't get at No Frills. On the way home, we stopped off for an unplanned dinner out. We ended up at Denny's and I'm happy to say that I did okay as far as my dinner goes. I avoided stuff with cheese or too much fat and my calories worked out just fine again today.

With two solid, good days under my belt, I'm feeling really good about this Christmas Challenge thing. I just feel so good right now, there is no way that I can't succeed!!

No comments: