Thursday, November 06, 2003

I'm still feeling like crap. I almost slept in again this morning. When I did get up, I was moving really slowly as my head was pounding and I was stuffed up. I managed to get some exercise in before work but it wasn't a great workout. I was sweating a lot but I know that the sweat was from the cold rather than the exercise. Oh well, sweat is sweat right?

Our little old guy was feeling yucky last night too so we did his shopping for him and took Swiss Chalet take out to his place for dinner. I had a great salad and some chicken for dinner so my eating for yesterday wasn't totally horrible. I haven't lost any weight over the past couple of weeks but I haven't gained any either. I've been working at keeping on program but the weekends and evenings have been a struggle lately. Either one or both of us feels like crap so we don't eat the best. I carefully plan out breakfast and lunch though so they're on track. It's not a total washout, I have more on plan days than not but I'd like to be more consistent and see the scale moving again. At least I'm still exercising, right?

a day late and a dollar short

Better late than never right? Here's this week's Wednesday Weigh-In:

How do you feel about weight and fitness in regards to your lovelife? Would be involved with a person who weighed the same or more than you?

In the past, when I was single, I dated guys who were smaller, larger and basically the same size as me. I can say that it was who they were and not what kind of body they had that attracted me to them.

My hunny is a big guy and we've been doing this together. There is no way that I would have been able to stick with this lifestyle change if he hadn't been along for the ride. We were both big people when we met. For the first 3.5 years that we were together, we were so happy that we didn't we care (or notice) that we'd both packed on about 50 pounds. This time last year, he was diagnosed with high cholesterol. That diagnosis coupled with the deaths of two people we both loved and respected (from heart attacks, in their 50's -- my hunny is 51) shocked us into cleaning up our acts and getting healthy, together. We want to have a really long, active, healthy life together.

I can not imagine how difficult it would be do try to change your lifestyle without your partner being supportive of you. I can also understand how and why someone who has changed their lifestyle around, become fit and healthier, would not want to date someone who does not share that. I'd be really frightened of falling back into my bad habits if I was with someone who didn't respect my lifestyle.

No comments: