Monday, November 03, 2003

rainy days and Mondays...

It's another rainy day and it's Monday. Yuck! At least it's mild. That's what everyone is saying. I'd almost rather that it were cold and sunny. This weather can really get you down.

It made me sleep in again this morning. You would have thought that I would have been well-rested after a Sunday of sleeping in and napping. I guess I wasn't. Maybe it was that old, "the more you get the more you want" type of thing too. I ended up not exercising last night during premiere night. I did run around, cleaning up, doing even more laundry (yay, it's caught up again!) but I did not properly exercise yesterday. I'm pretty okay with that too. As long as I do it every morning through the work week, I'm happy to let myself off on Saturday and Sunday.

This morning was a rush though, because I overslept a bit. I got the whole workout in but I was rushed as I got ready for work. I figured that I'd feel better afterwards if I took the time to do my whole workout and then hurried myself to get showered and dressed than if I hurried my workout and took a leisurely shower. I was correct in my thinking and I felt pretty good afterwards.

So far today, eating has been perfectly on plan. Can't say the same for the weekend but I'm not beating myself up about it. Tonight we're having a girls' night out for my co-worker who was fired last month. We're going to the local Kelsey's restaurant because it's central to where all of us live. I'm not exactly sure about what I'm having yet but I'll figure it out. I'll be driving so I'm not going to be drinking, that's a calorie savings right there. I know too that I'll not have dessert either. I'll probably go the salad route and try to be sensible. I must say that it's easier to be sensible when I'm out with my just my hunny then with the girls. Cross your fingers for me. I managed to avoid the timbits on Friday, I'll try really hard to avoid the nachos tonight!

No comments: