Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Hump day, already. So far it's been a bit of a blur, and it's raining. Weirdness abounds today. On Sunday night, I started taking that medication my doctor gave me last week. On Monday and Tuesday mornings, I felt a little hungover. She told me that I might feel this way. I also had a dry mouth, another symptom that she said would likely happen. This morning though, I felt really good when I got up. I found that on Sunday and Monday nights I slept so hard that it was tough to get moving in the morning. I was physically very stiff, particularly my lower back. This morning though, I felt normal and refreshed. I hadn't felt that in the morning in a very long time. I still woke up a couple of times in the night, but just briefly. Long enough to look at the clock and see what time it was but not long enough to disrupt my sleep too much.

So far this week, I've done well with my water intake. Partly because I'm making an actual effort to drink it more and partly because of the dry mouth thing. My workouts haven't been fabulously glorious sweat-fests but I've been doing them so that counts for something. Eating has been okay. I'm still recovering from all the restaurant eating we did on the weekend. Overall, at mid-week, it's not going too badly.

Oh, by the way, did any of you watch Dr. Phil on Monday and/or Tuesday? This week, they were threatening to vote someone off of the weight-loss challenge. Fortunately they didn't in the end. It was sort of lame and anti-climatic but I was kind of happy to see everyone get to stay. One very cool thing did come out of the show though, this week's winning team got their choice of 3 different Precor machines. Apparently, at home participants can get in a draw to win one too (either a treadmill, elliptical or a bike). I may have to check it out and see if I can qualify for the draw. What a cool prize to win!!

No comments: