Wednesday, November 05, 2003

ick

For the first time in several days, I did not have a difficult time getting up this morning. I woke up, sat up and then got up. No problems. I’m not sure why it’s been such a struggle over the past few days but I’m hoping that it’s not going to happen any more this week.

Yesterday I dragged my ass around. I had a dull headache all day and felt like I was getting sick. You know that burning eyes, aching sinus feeling that usually preludes a cold? Add some major aches and pains in my joints and that’s what I had yesterday. I resisted taking anything during the day but I had an ibuprofen at dinner and at bedtime and I slept well. Felt rested this morning although some of the ache is there.

We went for our groceries last night, in the cold and rain, because I was convinced that I’d be sick in bed today. We were out of most of our staples so we really stocked up last night. The nice thing is that I’m not totally bed-ridden and now our groceries are done. Either tonight or tomorrow night, we have to take our little old guy for his groceries. I prefer to get out separately from his. I help him with his shopping and it goes a lot faster if I don’t have to get stuff too. We usually shop at No Frills but he prefers Loblaws. I find it a little expensive but he doesn’t buy as much stuff as we do and he really likes the variety. He’ll probably want to go for dinner afterwards. Hopefully he’ll want to do Swiss Chalet. Last week we ended up at Denny’s after his shopping trip. It’s much easier to make good choices at Swiss Chalet than it is at Denny’s (for me anyway).

Because I wasn’t rushing this morning, I had a fabulous workout. I rode almost 7 miles on my recumbent bike and did a great upper body workout with my weights. I felt pretty good when it was over. About 30 minutes later, I was feeling the soreness in my joints and muscles return. Not fun. My boss went home at 9:30 or so, feeling crummy. It’s in the building I’m guessing. I keep eating my fruit and veg, drinking lots of water and taking my vitamins. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to keep it at bay. I don’t want to get sick. I thought I was over with that a couple of weeks ago when my back flaked out on me. Maybe that wasn’t a cold, maybe this is…whatever the case, work is really really busy right now and I’m working in Toronto next weekend and cannot get sick right now. So there nasty cold germs!!

No comments: