Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Into the Groove...Day 3

Boy, what listening to Christmas music all day won't do for a girl!! That's right, I'll admit it, I've been listening to some of my all-time favourite Christmas tunes through my headset this week: "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues (with Kirsty MacColl), "I want an alien for Christmas" by the Fountains of Wayne, "Santa Claus Is Smoking Reefer" by the Squirrel Nut Zippers.... It's made me chuckle and smile while I've been plugging away at my desk all week.

I think that it's helped to improve my mood slightly, or my continuing Holiday Challenge has anyway. I just feel gosh-darned good this week. Today was the third day of the challenge and I'm feeling great. I had a fabulous workout again this morning. Now that my body has adjusted to my new medication and I'm actually sleeping well again, I'm putting a lot more into my exercise sessions. I'm getting a lot more out of it too, I'm feeling very strong this week.

My food intake was right on track today as well. The one big thing that I could improve upon is my water consumption. I've been working at increasing it and today was a bit better than yesterday but still not where it should be, particularly with the PMS thing and all. I know that TOM is just around the corner and I'll be super happy if, on Saturday, I just don't see a water gain. If I can avoid a TOM induced gain this week, I'll know that the challenge is working.

By the way, Denise, thanks for the nice comment about the challenge. I'm so glad to hear that you'll be joining me in it!! If we can lose weight during the holidays, there isn't anything that we can't do!!

No comments: