Sunday, November 02, 2003

I had the biggest laugh last night. We were watching "That 70's Show" (we'd taped the season premiere on Wednesday night) and I was whizzing through the commercials. A new KFC ad caught my eye and I had to go back, have any of you seen it? KFC is promoting their bad old, fried chicken as a good "low carb option" because, a piece of their chicken has only 11 g of carbs. The commercial shows some redneck guy eating chicken and a buddy of his says, "wow, you're looking good." I'm so sure! I think I could actually hear Dr Atkins spinning in his grave while we watched the spot. It's pretty sick, keep an eye out for it!

We had a very lazy day today. We actually slept in until almost 8 a.m. This is practically unheard of for us. We also had a nap this afternoon. It felt great. We must have been pooped or we wouldn't have slept like that. I feel really rested and am looking forward to the week. Work's going to be pretty busy this week and I'm really feeling motivated to stay on track this week. I'm so relieved that Halloween is over. I really didn't like having all those little bags of cheetos and doritos in the house.

I haven't properly exercised yet today but suspect that I will in a little while, when the season premiere of the Simpsons is on. It's been a long old summer and I'm so happy that we have a new episode tonight. One more quick note before I head off to watch tv, I went through the closet in our spare room this afternoon and found 2 old trench coats and a really nice hooded pullover that I haven't been able to wear in, oh, forever. One of the coats and the pullover fit me perfectly!! The other coat, a practically brand new black trench coat, will fit me soon. I'm so happy. I had totally forgotten that I had even hung onto these things and they actually fit!! It's been so long since I wore the pullover that it has a Inbreds button on it from around the time that Kombinator came out, almost 10 years ago. It's true what they say about nothing tasting as good as fitting into stuff that used to be too small for you feels.

No comments: