Saturday, November 08, 2003

happy weekend

The sun is shining and it's an absolutely gorgeous, late fall day here!

Despite the fact that I'm sort of limping around on my stupid ankle, I'm feeling good today. Funny thing about is that it only hurts when I put weight on it. I did ride my bike this morning though and it didn't hurt at all while I was riding. I did over 7 miles again this morning. Saturday's are traditionally break days for me but so far today, I've exercised and kept on plan.

I've been getting into trouble on the weekends lately. I'm not "binging" per se but I am snacking a lot more than I should. It's the lack of routine and I know it. If I keep myself busy, I am less like to eat mindlessly. This morning, in an effort to keep on track, I tore half the house apart and have been cleaning and tidying. I got the downstairs sorted out, the office/computer room de-cluttered and the bedroom dusted (and the bed changed). The washer is humming with load 2 of 4 and I found some Christmas craft type things to work on. I'm forever buying little kits and those ceramic ornaments, the ones you paint, but never do them. I have now pulled them out and have put them on the dining room table. I can sit at the table, work on the ornaments and watch DVD's or TLC instead of mindless snacking. The mindless snacking shall end. The scale will move down next week.

I feel fit and thinner, I just want to see those numbers reflect how great I'm feeling these days!

No comments: