Tuesday, May 11, 2004

better and better

It's really summer-y here today. I mean, technically I know it's only spring but it really feels like summer today. I think that I will have to break down and dig the rest of my summer clothes out of storage. Lately I've been wearing stuff that didn't get packed away last fall but it's getting so warm I'm going to have to pull the rest of it out.

I made it through yesterday totally on plan. I had a great eating day and today is going really well so far. Yesterday, I didn't get much "intentional" exercise but today has been good. I woke up early this morning and did my workout. Regardless of any additional physical activity I get up to, if I don't do my regular workout, I feel tired by mid-afternoon. Yesterday I really felt fatigued.

This morning, a coworker asked me to walk across campus with her at break time so I did. I grabbed a drink at the cafeteria (she was getting a coffee) and we sat outside for a bit. I don't normally take a break like that but I feel fabulous now for having had the little walk and the sunshine and fresh air. If I feel this good at the end of the workday, I may even get back out into the garden again tonight.

I'm feeling more productive at work today too. The move last week was really unsettling and it's taken me almost a week to feel like I can get some stuff done again.

For some reason, today, I'm just feeling more positive about things than I have in a while. Everything seems to be coming together, at home, at work, with my eating and stuff. I say this all time but I'm really working on focusing on finding some balance in my life. Balance and overall wellness. If I keep my mind on those two things, everything else will fall into place. It's not always easy to keep this in mind but I am working on it.

No comments: