Thursday, May 27, 2004

thud thud thud

My head has been pounding louder than a subwoofer in the back of a teenager's Honda Civic for 2 days now. I ended up leaving work early this afternoon because I felt so rotten. I've also had general body ache and a sore throat. I'm trying to decide if it's some kind of flu-y bug or allergies. Whatever it is, I've also been up through the night the past 2 nights having to pee...and I mean really pee, like Austin Powers. Sorry if that's TMI but I'm pretty sure it's connected.

Through it all though, I've been very good. I've still worked out the past couple of mornings and feel great about that. My eating has been ideal, totally perfect actually. I've noticed that my rings are getting a little looser and ankles (which were a little swollen on the weekend) are back to normal. As I type this, I wonder if the peeing isn't just my body getting rid of all the water it was retaining over the past couple of weeks. My salt intake had to have been up so maybe that's it. That still doesn't explain the headache, sore joints and general woozy-ness though.

If I'm not feeling any better tomorrow morning than I do right now, I'll probably stay home. I really hate to miss work but I feel really lousy so being at work wouldn't be good for me or anyone around me either.

All of that aside, I'm really looking forward to my weigh-in on Saturday. Really, I'm not expecting a miracle but I am hoping to see a smaller number than the one I saw on Tuesday. I've been reading a little more of Dr. Phil's book each night before bed and I know that it's helping me to keep myself in line. It's not rocket science, most of it is just common sense but it's easier for me to see that sense when it's all laid out in black and white. Right now, I think I'm going to keep reading and re-reading the book until it's all second nature again!

No comments: