Friday, May 21, 2004

explanations

The strong/bad cravings (no, not that StrongBad) I was experiencing last week and the crying and stuff can be attributed to pms. I have thought about it, briefly, over the last week or so but didn't realize really that I was in the throes of it.

Given that my hormones were raging out of control, I'm pretty impressed with myself. My eating all week has been very good, on plan, clean eating type stuff and I've exercised each day this week. Funny thing about the exercise is that almost every morning this week, I had intense negotiations going on in my head the whole time I'd be doing it. It went something like, "Okay, I'll get up and do it but I'm only doing 5 minutes....alright, well I guess I'll do 10 minutes but NO more. mmmm...fine, 15 minutes but not a second longer...." and so on and so on until I'd actually done a decent workout.

I've also been getting a fair bit of walking in throughout the day. I feel better for it all and I imagine that PMS may have been deadly (not to me so much as it is to those around me) had I not been doing all of that.

By the way, it's still not too late to sign up for the Get Moving In May Challenge if you're interested. I don't normally keep track of weekly mileage but it's been fun (and enlightening) participating in the challenge.

No comments: