Friday, May 28, 2004

bouncing back

Today was a sick day. When I woke up this morning I still felt pretty crappy. The headache was still there, although it was a dull thud, and I was very achey and tired. I got up long enough to put an "away" message on my email and to call in sick to work. I actually spent the entire morning in bed. I didn't even get up to eat breakfast which is very odd for me.

Around 1 or so, I got up and had a shower. I felt a lot better so I ventured downstairs to get something to eat. Now, ordinarily when I'm sick, I get bored and when I get bored, I snack...and I snack, and snack and snack. I'm not hungry, but I do it anyway. That did not happen today. I had a nice lunch, complete with fresh strawberries for dessert and, for a mid-afternoon snack, I had a banana. The rest of the afternoon, I just watched some TV but didn't snack at all, not one bite of food passed my lips until dinner time.

Because I missed breakfast, I had some extra calories left over at the end of the day. Tonight, after dinner, we watched a DVD and, later on when the Friday night munchies crept in, I knew that I could easily have some Sour Cream and Onion Spudz. It was a nice treat and it was guilt free, very nice!!

I went through the fridge and cupboards just before I came upstairs now, and threw out any remnants of "crap" that was still hanging around. I know from past experience that the fail-proof environment thing totally works. Right now, if I want to snack, I have lot of fresh vegetables and fruit or yogurt to snack on. That should be plenty.

Because I was feeling so yucky today, I didn't workout this morning but the way I'm feeling right now, I should be able to squeeze some kind of exercise in tomorrow. I'm still not feeling totally back to normal but I am feeling 100% improved over last night. On that note, I'm heading off to bed (again). Happy weekend everyone!!

No comments: