Sunday, May 30, 2004

success

I made it through an entire weekend, completely on plan! I am really happy about that and a little bit proud too. Weekends are really my downfall. As I've written here, many, many times, I can do really well during the week but can fall apart totally on the weekends.

What I found myself doing this weekend, and reading it in Dr. Phil's book really helped (and hey, I know he's being a real asshole about his "diet food" crap and vitamins but the book has some good, no-nonsense stuff in it) was thinking about snacking before I'd actually do it. Ordinarily, on the weekends we allow ourselves a "treat." What started out as one little thing, like an occasional ice cream cone, had slid all the way into us having crap food in the house again. Not good at ALL!!

This weekend, whenever I felt the need for a little "treat" coming in, I'd question it: why did I want to eat? was I really hungry? Sometimes, I was actually hungry, so I'd go get a piece of fruit or some other on-plan snack. It was not that hard to do. I know that this probably sounds really simple to some of you but the weekend struggle issue was really getting me down. Removing all the crap from the house certainly made it easier. That "fail proof" environment thing works again!!

If I can get through next weekend too, totally on plan, I may have actually mastered weekends again. I did it before, way back in early '03, and I know that I'll be able to it again.

Yay for op weekends!!

No comments: