Tuesday, May 18, 2004

hey buddy, got any spare routines?

So far, so good. This week has been going great. I mean, work is insanely busy and I've had heartburn off and on for a couple of days but, otherwise things are good. I've gotten up early and worked out the past two days and my eating has been on plan as well. I wonder if the heartburn is from not drinking enough water? I've been doing okay with my water intake through the week but it's tougher to get it all down during the weekends.

I don't know why it's so easy for me to slide into bad habits on the weekends. It's something that I know I must work on but it's really difficult. There seems always to be some kind of celebration situation happening. I find it far easier to resist temptation when I'm at work than when I'm with friends or family. I'm not sure why that is exactly. Perhaps I need to work more (not!).

Routine is something I lack on the weekends. I think I'm going to try to make up some kind of routine for myself for Saturdays and Sundays...just something loose like, Sat a.m. - errands p.m. - laundry...something like that which will still allow some chill out time but will keep me busy enough to not want to snack. On the weekends it's the absent-minded snacking that gets me. I don't do it during the week because I plain old don't have time to do it. It's weird, I know, but it's something I'm gonna work on!

No comments: