Friday, May 14, 2004

good friday

I feel better right now than I have all week. I slept really well last night and awoke this morning feeling rested. I've slept well all week but most mornings I've felt really wonky.

This morning I calculated everything that I ate yesterday and the damage was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, I was over in my calories but not by a disgusting amount. The other thing I did this morning (besides squeezing in a quick ride on my bike and some stretching) was pull out my spring / summer clothes. We're into full-blown summer suddenly and I had nothing really suitable to wear.

I love unpacking seasonal clothes because I almost always forget what it was exactly that I'd packed away. I don't have a lot of summer clothes right now because I'd given away a bunch of stuff that was way too big at the end of last summer. Happily though, everything that I do have either fits me perfectly or is a bit on the big side. I was given some cash for my birthday so I may go out and buy myself a couple of new things!

I guess the combination of not doing as much damage as I'd thought I'd done yesterday, wearing my red capris and a good night's sleep have really perked me up. We're definitely going out of town tomorrow too so I'm very happy about that. Not totally sure that we're gonna end up in Ottawa now, it might be Montreal but wherever we go, it'll just be nice to get a break away. Not sure if I'll have a chance to post again before we leave tomorrow so happy weekend everyone, enjoy the sunshine!!

No comments: