Saturday, May 29, 2004

on track weekend

We are totally kicking weekend butt, I am really proud of us. Weekends are a huge struggle around here. Throwing all of the "tempting" crap out and filling the kitchen with healthy stuff has really paid off. Keeping busy has helped too but we have not fallen into our comfortable habit of just grabbing take-out or going out "'cuz it's the weekend" so far this weekend.

Costco had their seafood roadshow thing on this weekend. This morning when we were there stocking up on salad and pineapple (they have the BEST pineapple there), we also picked up 5 pounds of blue mussels, some prawns and lobster tails. We had an AMAZING barbecue tonight. We didn't have any drawn butter with the lobster, just salt, pepper and some lemon. The whole meal was just amazing and very low in calories. I love that seafood is so delicious and nutritious. We literally had a feast tonight and still stayed well under my daily calorie limit.

My workout today included some walking outside and a lot of gardening. Mostly I was weeding and I can feel it in my legs right now, even as I sit. Tomorrow I'm planning to just putter around the house and sit in the backyard so I can enjoy the fruits of my labour!!

No comments: