Monday, May 10, 2004

wiped out

I'm back. The weekend was really busy and I'm bushed this morning. When I went to bed last night, I felt like the weekend had been a bit of a blowout, foodwise, looking back on it now, I see that it wasn't that bad.

On Saturday morning, I had to be at work by 6:30 a.m. I woke up around 3 a.m. and could not get back to sleep after that. By mid-afternoon I was really dragging my butt around. Fortunately, I only had to work until around 12:30 p.m. I was working at an event and there was food everywhere. It was just like Friday all over again. The difference was that this was hot food and while I couldn't see it, I could smell it. I had left the house in a big hurry that morning and had not eaten anything. Eventually, I broke down and had a muffin and some water...then some fruit...then a couple of crackers and a few small slices of cheese.

When I finished up at work, I picked up my hunny and we ran errands and grabbed some lunch. Again, the choices I made weren't terrific, not really what I should have had. We split a grilled chicken sandwich and an order of cheese nachos. When we got home, the LOG announced that he'd like to go out for dinner. We ended up at a local buffet spot that has a really nice salad bar. I had a huge plate of salad, a lot of cooked veggies and a small amount of shepherds pie. Again, not something I normally have (actually I can't remember the last time I did have it).

When I actually got around to calculating things, I saw that my calories were definitely high for Saturday but not as bad as I thought that they would have been. I mean, I knew that I was eating too much but I was really hungry and tired and had been doing a lot of really physical activities over the previous few days so I didn't really beat myself up over it. Yesterday was a bit better. We had two large meals (a big breakfast at home and a bbq last night). Fortunately, when we make big breakfast at home, we use that break-free egg substitute stuff, turkey sausage and lots of veggies. The BBQ last night was good too, lots of large shrimp and a tonne of grilled veggies.

We also got into the garden yesterday for the first time this season. I got two large and two small flower beds cleaned up and weeded (so the backyard is semi-decent looking). We also split the lawn mowing up so I did the front lawn. I noticed that it wasn't as difficult as I remember it being last year. Part of that may be down to the fact that when I last did it, the temperature was in the 90's and humid. I think though that the biggest part of it is that I'm in better shape now than I was in August. I may not have lost a tonne of weight since then but I know I'm stronger. We were tired last night but not beaten up feeling (like I normally am after our first big gardening session). I was actually feeling like I would have liked to have pushed on a little longer and get more done while I was out there (and while the weather was decent) but we had to get dinner going for the LOG.

Overall, my eating wasn't great but I feel okay about it. I didn't get through my whole week of clean eating but I am trying to focus on the fact that I had more good days than "bad" last week. This is a new week, a fresh start and I'm off to a good beginning.

No comments: