Friday, May 07, 2004

fall down friday

I did pretty well all week but today was pretty much a washout. As I've mentioned a lot recently, work is pretty insane right now. I'm just this side of being completely burned out and I can't wait for my new job to start. Until it does though, this pace just seems to keep getting faster and faster.

All afternoon, I worked at reception. I was on my feet for most of it but not walking around. I was basically standing in one spot. I tried to walk around as much as possible (because I hate just standing around) but it wasn't always possible. Across the room from me was a huge table full of little sandwiches, cookies and squares. Throughout the reception, while all the guests were there, I just worked and sipped on a bottle of water. Easy as pie. There were so many people in the room that I couldn't even smell the food. Once the reception was over and the rest of our staff converged on the room to help with the cleanup, I gave in to temptation and had a couple of little sandwiches, a chocolate chip cookie and a butter tart square. I wasn't even hungry and I'm not sure why I did it. I was tired though and so maybe part of me wanted the sugar for a boost to get me through the rest of what I needed to do this afternoon.

Before I could do too much damage though, I called a courier to take the leftovers to a local homeless shelter. There were three huge platters of sandwiches leftover and a big tray of sweets. I'm definitely not going to beat myself up over it too badly, I should but I'm not going to. Chalk it up to being over tired, over stressed, over everything. All in all, the week was pretty good though.

Right now, all I can really concentrate on is getting to bed. I have to be back at work at 6:30 a.m. The fun never ends does it?

Happy weekend all!

No comments: