Thursday, May 06, 2004

Still on track

I'm about half-way through Thursday and things are still going okay. Exercise has been really good this week and I joined the "Get Moving In May" Challenge to keep me motivated.

Eating has been really quite good all week. I went to an open house yesterday for work (a new building is opening on campus) and I snacked on some lovely fresh fruit and had a tiny little piece of cake. I counted everything and stayed within my calories for the day. I felt pretty good about that. Last night after dinner we had to run out to Costco for a few things and we managed to get out of there without buying any "treats." We picked up peppers, mushrooms and onions, some skinless chicken breasts and a gift for my mum (for mother's day) and were about 1/2 way home when I said, "hey, we not only didn't buy any goodies we didn't even have the discussion." This shouldn't be a big deal but I find it a difficult store to get through as they have those huge ass displays of candy right near the check out and you have to walk by the M&M cookies to get to the skinless chicken breasts. Not fair!

I'm feeling really good about my program this week. It's been the first week in a while that we haven't had major chaos going on at home. Work's been nutty, what with the office move and all, but it's starting to settle down. I do much better when I can stick to a schedule and that's starting to happen again I think.

No comments: