Saturday, May 01, 2004

run ragged

If running errands for 3 hours doesn't count as a workout, it definitely should!

I spent my entire morning, from 9 a.m. until just after noon, on the road. I managed to pick up enough "provisions" to get us through the weekend (and I stocked up on staples). It was really busy out there today. I guess the nice weather pushed everyone outside and into the garden centres. The traffic was pretty brutal.

The afternoon was spent cleaning. I scrubbed the bathroom and cleaned upstairs and did 4 loads of laundry. We also did a bunch of stuff in LOG's room. It's looking really nice now. I managed to get all of his clothes unpacked and put away so now we just have boxes of papers and knick-knacks to go through. We even got some pictures on the walls for him, it's really starting to look homey in there now. I realized today that I really did injure my arm the other day when I was moving furniture around. I was trying to lift a bunch of clothes out of the closet (while leaning over a pile of boxes) and I discovered that I had almost no strength in my right arm and it felt exactly like it did when I injured it on Tuesday.

It was a little weird shopping today. I picked up our regular stuff but I also had to pick up some things for the LOG, things that we don't generally keep in the house. Basically, he eats dairy and we don't keep it in the house. I'm hoping that eventually, I'll be able to get him to switch over to veggie cheese stuff and soy milk but in the meantime, we'll have it in the house and try to ignore it.

Tomorrow we're going to try to not to do too much of anything. The lawn needs cut and we need to make a trip to goodwill but other than that, we should be able to veg out and just chill. Goodness knows we both can use the rest right about now.

No comments: