Thursday, May 13, 2004

they say it's your birthday...

it's my birthday too yeah!

I'm feeling a lot better tonight than I have all week, with the possible exception of a few hours on Tuesday. I had a good night's sleep last night but woke up feeling tired. The weather has suddenly turned to summer. Not spring, not early summer, more like dog days of August weather. We actually had a smog advisory today and we have had to put the air conditioning on in the house. Outrageous.

I got a decent workout in this morning and felt the better for it. My eating was going well, had a healthy breakfast, packed a well-rounded lunch, good snacks, etc. Then, I was invited out to lunch where, of course, I consumed more calories than I should have. Of course, we went out for dinner tonight too, same deal. Not necessarily bad calories just more than I should have had. When we got home I did a little gardening and then my mum & dad came over for a visit. They came bearing homemade cocoa cake, my grandmother's recipe, made with soy flour...it was really yummy. Yep, that's right I ate a piece and it was gooooood. Oh well, it was my birthday and tomorrow is another day.

This weekend, I think we're taking a much needed break out of town for a couple of days. We need to pick up a dresser for the LOG at Ikea and the nearest one is in Ottawa. My brother is there too so we're gonna try to squeeze in a visit there. We plan to stay over Saturday night and I think that the change of venue will do a world of good. Hopefully the weather will cool down a bit and we'll get a lot of walking in. I love walking around Ottawa at this time of year, hopefully the tulips aren't all fried from the heat wave.

Anyway, it might be my birthday but I still have to work in the morning. 'night all. Hope you all had a great day!!

No comments: