Monday, May 24, 2004

happy birthday victoria

I can hear the fireworks off in the distance, or it might be thunder, I can't tell. The big fireworks that were scheduled for the waterfront have been postponed until the weekend, the weather has been pretty horrible all weekend.

My keep-busy-and-you-won't-eat-crap plan didn't go as well as I'd expected but it wasn't as horrible as it could have been either. The weekend was extremely busy. We finally got the LOG's boxes unpacked and his stuff sorted out. We made a couple of trips to goodwill (we still have at least one more to make this week) and spent many hours moving boxes and furniture around. I also got a lot of cleaning done and reorganized part of my kitchen.

Eating was just okay. Some meals were terrific and low fat and on plan and some were on the run, not on the plan types of meals. Overall, it balanced itself out but I'm not letting myself off the hook. I didn't stick 100% to my plan and that was my goal. I'm working on it and I see that the bad weekend habits I've grown are going to be tough to break. This weekend (and it was a long weekend) was better than last weekend, next weekend will be even better.

On the exercise front, I'm thinking that it's time for a shake up. My hunny and I are discussing a gym membership. I can use the gym at work for free but it's crappy, the times are not convenient at all for us, it's really over-crowded and I have to pay for him to use it anyway. We're looking into a family Y membership. I really would like to add some serious weight training to what I'm doing, more than I can do here at home. Anyway, it's definitely worth going for a tour and seeing what they have to offer. I think it's just what I need to get me going again, to get really excited about things again. I need something to kick my butt, this might be it!

No comments: