Thursday, May 20, 2004

feels like thursday

The past few weeks have flown by so quickly that the days don't often "feel" like they should to me. Today though, definitely feels like a thursday, whatever that means.

Every time I think my workload is going to get easier at work, it doesn't. We got our letters of confirmation for the reorg this week and while my title has changed, my salary hasn't. I'm not surprised, I didn't expect it to. Not really. Still, I was a little disappointed that I didn't get a raise. A lot folks didn't get raises but, many did. It's not as bad as the folks who got demoted I guess, those folks had to take pay cuts.

Some days, it's tough to stay focused on doing good things for your body when your mind is being overworked and you feel burned out. This week I have been successful at being kind to my body. I've fed it well and moved it around a fair bit. I can't imagine how much worse I'd feel about everything else if I was being a lazy non-moving lump and was filling my face with junk food.

I did have a cry in the shower this morning. I just felt really sad and frustrated for many reasons and for none at all. I felt the same way yesterday and almost had a meltdown at my desk. It's got to give sooner or later. There is just so much going on that my nerves feel just this of totally shot. I'm also not sure if I'll be able to take any time off at all this summer because of the new job. I mean, I know that I can take a day here and there but I'd like to take two weeks, together...and I can't see that happening. I hope that I'm wrong, that I'm just having one of those glass-is-half-empty days. I'm usually a glass-is-half-full kinda gal. I have to say, if I didn't live with such a wonderful, patient, kind and understanding man I'd have gone completely crazy a long time ago.

On a body related note...the numbers on my scale haven't budged in a couple of weeks but I think that my stomach seems smaller the past few days so at least that is something kind of good that's happened this week.

No comments: