Wednesday, September 22, 2004

crap

I have not yet given into whatever bug I've been fighting but it's been close a couple of times. This morning, I honestly thought I might have to stay home from work, it started last night actually.

Yesterday afternoon, I'd been in a meeting for a couple of hours. When I finally got back to my desk, my eyes started driving me nuts. They were burning and itching like I was super tired or something. By the time I got home from work, they were very sore and I had a full on body ache happening. We went to bed pretty early and I slept well, fortunately.

When I got up this morning I still felt pretty yucky but knew I couldn't stay home because I had a meeting this morning that I couldn't miss. Slowly, I did some exercise (it wasn't a great workout but it was something), had my breakfast, made my lunch and showered. In the shower I felt really weak and yucky. Even as I got dressed and ready for work, I was sure I'd be staying home. Somehow though, I dragged myself into the office. I got through my meeting and actually feel not terrible at the moment.

I know this isn't much of a report but it is what's happening with me today. An aside to all of this sickness stuff is that I've kept my eating 100% on plan this week. At least something good is coming out of this thing, whatever it is.

No comments: