Saturday, September 11, 2004

thrown

My routine is out the fucking window today. It was thrown away at around 7:30 a.m., nice way to start the day huh??

Actually, I shouldn't complain but I will, a little bit, because being busy on Saturday is the only thing that keeps me on track. The LOG talked my hunny into taking today off. This is not a problem for me, he's been working Saturdays lately and I've missed him but, I was given no notice at all. This left all of the chores and errands I had carefully mapped out to get done on Saturday morning, undone. Had I known he wouldn't be working, I would have done a few things every evening through the week and we could have actually enjoyed the day. Instead, we ran around like headless chickens, at the busiest time of the day and I don't feel like I have accomplished anything. My laundry is only half finished and the house looks like a bomb hit it. Quite the switch from last Saturday when I had everything done by 2 p.m.

I think that the whole motivation was that LOG wanted to go out for breakfast. In many ways he's like a three year old. I've said that before, like a toddler with credit these old folks are. He wants exactly what he wants, exactly when he wants it and fuck you if you have other plans made. He's very nice about the whole thing too, which is extremely irritating, and that makes it difficult to say no to him. Don't get me wrong though, I'm getting better at saying no to some of his hair-brained schemes, today though, I wasn't up for the fight.

Breakfast was okay though, it was actually quite yummy and I ordered well, egg beaters, dry toast, grilled ham. No greasy home fries or buttery pancakes. I'm actually pretty pleased about that. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get everything else done and still take some time for myself. As is usually the case in these situations, the time for me will probably not happen but at least there will be clean clothes for everyone.

Will the fun never end??

No comments: