Thursday, September 16, 2004

good morning to you

I hope that the weather in your neck of the woods is as gorgeous as it is here. Last night after dinner, we had to go out and do a bunch of errands. As we were pulling out of the parking lot of a grocery store in the west end, we could see the most beautiful sunset I'd seen in a good long while. Unfortunately, it was setting over a huge pile of a dirt in the middle of a construction site but it was amazing nonetheless. The sun was a huge, bright pink ball and the colours in the clouds around it were so beautiful that they didn't seem real.

So, I have three days of perfectly on plan performance under my belt so far this week. My early morning workouts are continuing and they just keep getting better and better. Each day this week, I've pushed myself a little more and have been increasing the distance I can cover on my interval program on my recumbent bike. For a while now, I've been going through the motions with my workouts. I didn't see that at the time but I'm realizing it now. I figured that as long as I was doing something, that was fine. Truly, it is, I guess, but it's not great. I haven't really been challenging myself and while I feel good after exercise, I don't feel "great" about it. The past few days have felt "great" and that is making the eating thing easier.

Hopefully, all of these great/good things will result in a very favourable result when I weigh-in on Saturday morning. If it doesn't, I won't get upset. I won't get upset because right now, as I type this, I'm wearing a skirt that I hadn't pulled on since late last spring and I've noticed that it's definitely bigger on me now than it was last time I wore it. That feels just as good as a lower number on the scale to me!

No comments: