Thursday, September 02, 2004

good morning to you

Finally, I'm starting to feel like my "old" self again. I had a good night's sleep last night and we made a really nice meal at home too. I had a good ride on my bike this morning, as part of my workout. It had been a few days since I'd been able to ride and I really felt it. I missed riding it and my legs were poorer for it. They feel good now though, like I've really worked them. Walking is good too and I do a fair bit of it on a regular basis but it's not the same.

Yesterday, I noticed that, for the first time all summer (and it was quite cool yesterday), my feet and ankles were swollen. In the past, I lived with sore, swollen feet all summer long. It's not been a problem for me this year though, at all. That was a huge sign to me of what kind of impact the exercise has on me. It also drove home that we weren't eating that well. Obviously, I was retaining fluid and that's just too much salt. This morning there is a noticeable difference in my feet. I feel rested and invigorated and I'm looking forward to a good month of being on plan. September will be good for me. I like the routine we get back into at work once school starts up again. We all know too, that a boring routine makes for a better plan-sticking-to!

No comments: