Sunday, September 05, 2004

resting up

Today was a lovely lazy day. I slept in a little bit (until almost 7 a.m.!!) and generally took it easy. I did some cleaning up of my machine, sorted out some things in our room, did a little shopping, baked a loaf of bread (thank goodness for bread machines on hot days).

Right before we started our program, we bought a bread machine. Kind of stupid, I know. For the longest time, we totally avoided bread on our program. It made things really difficult because we were both huge bread lovers. Once we decided to reintroduce bread into our diets, I made a concerted effort to seek out whole grain breads. During this time, I had shoved the bread machine to the back of the cupboard. Silly me huh? It's so hard to find really good, whole grain bread that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and doesn't have any bleached flour in it. I've found a solution to that problem: my bread machine. I've been baking bread again, and I'm experimenting with different kinds of grains and flours and it's been a lot of fun. It's also nice to know exactly what is in the bread we're eating as well as saving money. Now that we have a freezer I can freeze it again too. The best thing about it, I think, is how wonderful the house smells when it's baking!!

I took today off from exercising although I did some walking this afternoon. It's really hot and sticky here again so I didn't take a really long walk but it was nice to get out for a while. I also made a half-assed attempt to do some weeding this afternoon but, again due to the heat, I didn't last too long. Basically I was very lazy and stuck close to cool, shady places all day.

I expect that tomorrow will be lazy too. I have a few little things that I'd like to get done but it won't be the end of the world if I do or don't get to them. One thing I have done this weekend, so far, that I'm pretty happy about, is stick to my plan as far as my eating goes. Keeping busy has kept me on track and it feels good!!

No comments: