Wednesday, January 08, 2003

As I type this, I'm enjoying my lunch. Well, I'm actually on dessert, clementine oranges. Yum! I'm always happy to see them in stores as the holidays approach and I'm disappointed to see them go in the New Year.

I've actually been taking time out for lunch this week, eating slowly and enjoying every bite. I've also decided to cut Diet Coke out of my diet. My hubby is a DC addict and I've fallen into a trap of having one with dinner each night. The past few nights, I've cut out the DC and noticed that I'm sleeping better. This could also be because I'm riding the bike in the evenings as well but I think that the caffeine has a large part in it.

Last night when we went out for dinner, I ordered water (they didn't have diet sprite or diet ginger ale) and he ordered soda water and lime. He noticed that he slept a lot better last night too so there must be a lot of caffeine in the DC. I'm down to just one coffee a day, in the morning, black. I've always taken my coffee black, it's the only way I like it.

Because we got home so late last night, I did get the measuring done. I'll definitely do that tonight though. Also, I just found out that some of my colleagues have started at weight watchers and another is re-joining her gym so it seems that we're all trying to get healthier. One thing we all agreed on today was to put the "goodies" in the kitchen so that we're not all walking past them all day.

Temptation is easier to avoid if it's not rubbed directly in your face several times a day.

No comments: