Monday, January 13, 2003

Wow, one more day under my belt. I'm writing this a little earlier than I have been the past few days. We ate our dinner at the same time that we usually do but I rode the bike before dinner this time so we're all done for the evening. When I say "all done" I mean that the kitchen is all cleaned up and we're upstairs for the evening. We had a clean-out-the-fridge night tonight for dinner and it was nice. We'd had a little bit of leftovers from the past few nights so we each had something different. I had a delicious baby spinach salad with some Renee's Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Dressing on it. It's so flavourful. It only has 13 calories per tablespoon and I didn't need more than 1 tablespoon for 2 cups of baby spinach. The combination of the beautiful spinach with the yummy dressing was awesome. I also had a little left over stir fry with rice after the salad.

In the past week (for those of you who care about such things, this is the end of day 8) I've been sleeping better. I've also felt a little perkier and less achey at the end of the day. Prior to restarting the exercise, I found that my knees were a little stiff in the mornings and that my ankles would sometimes be swollen by the end of the day. The swelling is completely gone and my knees haven't been bothering me at all. What I'm most looking forward to in all of this is increasing my flexibility, getting it back to where it used to be. Little by little, I see that it's going to come. I mean, I'm a long long way from my target / goal but I can see, way far off in the distance, a little light at the end of this tunnel.

Hope and determination are truly amazing things!

No comments: