Tuesday, January 07, 2003

I had a bit of a hard time falling asleep last night. I was more upset about the scale thing than I really care to admit to myself and I talked to my hubby about it last night before we fell asleep. We both are trying to lose some weight and get healthier this year and we talked about the triggers that have caused us to overeat during the past couple of years and, subsequently, pack on the weight that we have both gained since we met. Eventually I did fall asleep and I slept like the dead. It was almost impossible for me to get up this morning but I did.

As I said I would, I rode the bike for 2.25 miles last night. I set it to a higher resistance than I ordinarily do and felt better for having done it after. I plan to do the same thing again tonight. I've also made a decision about the scale / numbers thing. I have decided to keep the scale for a while and to dig out my measuring tape. That I know, will work. I will measure myself and keep track of those numbers until I can get the scale thing to work for me. This came to me while I was in the shower this morning, had it come to me last night I think that I would have a less upsetting evening. Oh well, it's hard to be logical when you're upset, isn't it?

Today I've been doing well so far. Keeping to my plan and recording everything that I'm eating. I've even avoided the temptations of the reception desk in our office. My desk is near the reception area and every time I walk by the desk, there is a big candy dish full of treats staring me in the face. I think that folks have just brought in their left over Christmas candy because there is a mixture of hard candy, caramels and hershey's kisses. This morning, someone added a tin of cookies to the collection but I'm not giving in to any impulse eating. Not this year, no way.

No comments: