Saturday, January 25, 2003

Today, due to my PMSing, I went a smidge over what I have been eating but it wasn't terrible. The past few days I had actually been under my caloric goal so I'm not going to feel badly about it. Mostly it was because we had a big supper (chicken and chinese veggies over brown rice). The brown rice is really healthy but it's sort of high in calories. We make it in our rice cooker though so there's no salt or fat added to it.

I found my solution to my PMS induced salt craving. Instead of mowing through a huge bag of chips, I snacked on some microwave popcorn this afternoon. It was very satisfying, I enjoyed it more than I have enjoyed popcorn in a long time. It was great just on it's own, no melted margarine or extra salt, I just had the plain popcorn. It smelled amazing too, felt really decadent and I wasn't beating myself up afterwards (like I would have if I had indulged in a chocolate bar or a bag of doritos).

Anyway, we're getting a huge ass snow storm here so there'll be lots of fun shovelling to do tomorrow. At least it's excellent exercise and lots of fresh air!!

No comments: