Monday, January 20, 2003

I decided to start using Monday's as my "measuring day." The past two weeks I had measured myself on Thursdays but I wanted to start getting into doing it at the beginning of the week. Tonight when I got my tape out, I discovered that I've lost another 1.5" (yay me!!). I also hopped back on the scales. As I mentioned before, when I started this program on January 6, I went out and bought a new hydraulic scale. One that went up to 350 lbs. I was pretty upset because the needle went past the 350 and I couldn't figure out how much I actually weighed.

Things around the house have been really nutty with my father in law's surgery so I still haven't made it to the doctors for a weigh-in. Tonight I noticed that the needle has moved, it's almost the 350 mark (instead of boinging over to the far left as far as it would go). I moved the little marker on the scale face to where it measured. I think that in another couple of weeks I'll be this side of 350. I'm getting really excited about that. My hubby's lost about 10 lbs and I've lost a total 8 inches so I know that what we're doing is working, for us anyway.

I've been 15 days on plan and if I keep up what I've been doing, I feel that I'll be able to meet my goal of 155 by June 6, 2004. I can't say enough about Fitday. It's such a fabulous tool, I don't know what I'd do without it. Measuring and recording everything is going such a long way toward retraining my brain about nutrition and portion size. Thinking about everything, planning and calculating...it's helped me to last over 2 weeks on this and I don't see that I'll be giving up on it.

I had a great ride on my bike tonight and feel like I'm going to sleep really well tonight. I know that I have PMS looming on the horizon but I'm not going to let it hinder this, not this month!

No comments: