Thursday, January 30, 2003

today was a very good day. I'm almost 4 weeks into this new way of eating and living and it's really becoming "routine" if you know what I mean. I'm still reading labels and paying close attention to portion sizes but it's much easier now than it was 3 weeks ago. We had an amazingly delicious dinner tonight. My hubby made brown basmati rice with stir fried pork tenderloin, broccoli, green peppers, onion & garlic with some sodium reduced soy sauce and some hoisin. He's been experimenting with different types of rice in our rice cooker and he's really gotten this brown basmati down to a science. The veggies were crunchy and so tasty and the pork was very tender. It was just an incredible, satisfying meal.

Enough about food though! Now that the eating thing is getting really and truly under control, I want to increase my activity. We've been in a real cold snap here lately, and had a tonne of snow, so I haven't been getting outside to walk like I had hoped I would when I started doing this 4 weeks ago. I have been riding my recumbent bike but I'm making a goal to ride for longer periods of time in the coming week. I'd also like to add some kind of fitness tape situation to the mix as well. As I mentioned the other day, I found an old copy of Sweatin' to the Oldies last week and I enjoy it but I'd like to maybe vary it a bit. I'm really easing into this activity stuff as it's been ages since I've done anything resembling serious exercise so if anyone has any suggestions for tapes or dvds that will help me build up gradually and not hurt myself, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

No comments: