Tuesday, January 07, 2003

We just got in from picking up groceries and I must say that I'm pretty impressed with our choices in the store. I know that we were both being a lot more thoughtful about what we were putting in the buggy and I'm learning a lot by reading the nutritional information more carefully. Using FitDay the past couple of days has really helped too. Knowing that I'm going to have to break everything down and know what is in everything is really causing me to stop and think before I put anything into my mouth.

We had my father-in-law with us and he wanted to stop for dinner (here we go again!) so we did. We ended up at swiss chalet and I'm happy to report that my meal was very delicious (I felt very satisfied and full at the end of it) and very low in fat and calories. That's one of the good things about chicken places isn't it? I'm feeling so much better today than I was yesterday, a lot more positive and energized. I'm going to head down to ride the bike for a bit while I watch That 70's Show at 8 p.m.

I know that I'm only at the end of day two, but for the first time, in a long time, I feel like I can do this. I know that this is going to take me a long time and that it's not going to be easy...I just never thought being in control could feel this good.

No comments: