Thursday, January 09, 2003

Well, day four is safely under my belt and I am completely sticking with my program so far. I'm very pleased with myself.

My hubby was struck by that terrible flu bug that is going around and he's been in bed (or in the loo) all day today. I made him some chicken broth and dry toast for dinner (he'd not eaten anything at all in over 24 hours) and he's keeping it down. He's actually snoozing right now, this is good because he was up all of last night (I didn't find this out until 5:30 this morning). I really feel for him, it's a terrible bug. From what I've heard about it though, the worst is behind him and he should be feeling better tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Because we weren't eating together, I was sort of at a loss as to what I would have for dinner. My hubby is a chef so he does the cooking (generally) and I do the clean up. It's a fair deal to me, I don't mind doing dishes. It was getting late when I was getting his dinner together (we try not to each much past 6 p.m. because we're in bed by 9 p.m.) and wasn't sure what I could make for just myself that wouldn't be "bad." Anyway, I found a pizza in the back of the freezer and, after reading the nutritional panel, realized that it was a pretty good dinner for me. I was able to have 3 small slices for dinner and stick to my program. The pizza was PC Rising Crust, all dressed. They usually have a lot of veggies on them and are very tasty. I feel satisfied and it feels sort of like a cheat (because it was pizza afterall).

I didn't ride my bike this evening but I've been up and down the stairs about a million times tonight, took out the garbage and recycling and did a bit of shovelling. I also got my tape measure out tonight so at least I have some numbers to start with (if not from my scale this week anyway).

I've been working on some goals for myself this week, just jotting stuff down as things come to me. Tomorrow, weather permitting, I want to do some walking on my lunch hour. I'm going to alternate the walking with the bike and see how that goes.

No comments: