Friday, January 24, 2003

Overall, I had a great day today, foodwise. So I changed my food program slightly today and I'm really happy with how it worked out. What I have been doing is not eating between meals at all, and I would find that I was getting really hungry mid-morning and mid-afternoon at work. I found a different yogurt to try (I've been having 1 yogurt a day - Neilson's Fat Free) and it's a smaller portion (I take them to work so it's easier for me if they are in the little containers) so there are fewer calories in it. With the calories I saved, I took an extra piece of fruit to work me and mid-morning, when my tummy started rumbling, I had an apple. The banana I'd been having for dessert after lunch, I saved for mid-afternoon. I found that I wasn't hungry at all today and was more satisfied by my dinner. I'm slightly PMSing so I didn't ride the bike tonight (read, I'm pooped!) but I'm going to take a longer ride on it tomorrow in an attempt to avoid any other PMS symptoms. This will be my first cycle on this plan and I'm not sure what's going to happen with my usual cravings. I haven't had any salt / chocolate cravings since I changed my eating habits so hopefully I'll sail through my period without any. I'll keep my fingers crossed & let you know how I do!

No comments: