Sunday, March 07, 2004

back to basics

To say that my efforts lately have been lackadaisical at best would be an understatement. I've had intense work crap going on as well as silly family drama recently and I've used these events as excuses to not give my very best to my program. That's ending today.

My hunny and I have talked it over and we're not going to use any external crap to excuse bad behavior any longer. Now, we weren't so far off the mark that we were both gaining weight like crazy, that didn't happen. Somehow we managed to maintain over the past few weeks. I don't want to maintain any longer, I want to lose again. I want to see those numbers getting smaller on the scale instead of staying exactly the same for weeks on end.

At the beginning of the year I was full of vigor and inspiration and I've allowed crazy stuff that I can't control pick away at it. I'm not going to allow that to happen anymore. I've said it before (because it's totally true), I deserve better than what I've been giving myself recently. I deserve to have a strong and healthy body. I deserve to have a body that will allow me to live to a really really old age. Doing half-assed workouts or eating hit and miss meals at odd times (or missing some meals and then over eating at others) isn't doing either of us any good. Also, we've just been plain old eating out way too much recently. Not only is it not the healthiest thing to be doing, it's getting stupidly expensive.

Monday morning we're going to head back to boot camp. We're going to get back to our regime (that we love and makes us feel so good) tomorrow. We went out for groceries this afternoon and we're totally stocked up with good stuff. We got a huge container of mixed organic greens, a tonne of portabellos, sweet peppers and a bag of five romaine hearts at Costco. Our freezer is full of lean pork and skinless chicken breasts....our tofu and fruit are stocked up...same with the cereal and soy milk. We're all set for a back on track week.

You're not going to hear anymore excuses for this chickie, the scale will have moved in a downward direction come Saturday morning!!

No comments: