Saturday, March 13, 2004

happy weekend

Despite my best intentions, I wasn't able to sleep in this morning. I was up shortly after 6 a.m. but felt great. I was still a little stuffy again this morning but not as bad as yesterday. The sun was shining when I got up and it's looking a cold but gorgeous day out there. My hunny's not working today either so we're just chillin' today.

Last night we ended up at Pizza Hut for dinner. It wasn't bad though, we had thin crust veggie pizza and salad with diet pepsi. We really enjoyed it but didn't go nuts (ie cheese stuffed pepperoni lovers). On the way home, we had that wouldn't-it-be-nice-to-have-something-bad conversation but went straight home anyway. I didn't even bother with a cookie or fat free jello pudding. Our treat dinner really satisfied me and I left it at that.

This morning when I weighed in, I was down 2 pounds!! I'm really happy about that and am inching ever closer into that virgin fat territory I so desperately want to get back into. I think that the loss is helping me out today. We had the "should we go out for breakfast" discussion earlier and opted to stay home. Because we stayed home (and the sunshine was pouring into our living room in such a beautiful way), I hopped on my recumbent bike while we watched NYPD (taped from Tuesday night). I generally do a 20 minute interval program and can manage between 4.25 & 4.5 miles on average. This morning I rode 4.96 miles. I almost broke 5 miles!!! It felt so good to be that close, particularly when Saturday is my official exercise "break" day.

We have some errands to do this afternoon, for us and the little old guy. I'm hoping to squeeze a nice walk outside in too. I feel just fabulous today, because of the 2 pounds and the extra exercise. I'm feeling stronger and slimmer than I have in a good long while. Yay me!!!

No comments: